Saturday, December 22, 2012
Drake's School Play
All the 2nd graders at Drake's school put on a play called "Holiday's Around the World". They sang songs and did dances for the other students and parents. It was fun to go watch the kids perform. Drake did a great job. We stopped by Madelyn's class for a bit and on our way they were playing to National Anthem. Everyone stopped to put their hand's over their heart. I looked over to see Cache following suit. I thought it was hilarious. He was trying so hard but had the wrong hand over the wrong side of his body. It was super cute tho so I had to take a picture.
It was a very interesting experience too. It was 1 week after the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting and they had a moment of silence for the teachers and students that were killed. Then, they rang a bell 16 times representing each person who had passed. I was quite surprised at my reaction. As I was standing in my kid's elementary school I was overwhelmed with emotion. This awful event could happen at any time, anywhere including my kid's school. Tears filled my eyes and I was completely choked up. I was so grateful for the blessing of my kids and the wonderful staff at their school. I was also grateful for their safety every day as they attend school. My heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment