Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kicking Off The Christmas Season

It's official. We are up and ready for Christmas. Last weekend we spent an evening with my 2 brothers, their wives and kids. We went to Enchanted Island downtown and let the kids ride the rides. For Drake and Madelyn it was all "kiddy stuff" until Uncle Isac jumped on the tea cups with them. They were spinning so fast I couldn't even get a picture of them. They all turned out blurry. They kept begging Isac to go with them and after 4 times I made them quit. I wasn't sure it was going to be safe for him to drive home :)
We then took a trip to the temple and saw the Christmas lights. They are one of my favorite things about Christmas. They do such a spectacular job decorating and really helping you get in the "true" spirit of Christmas. Seeing the oranges on the trees with Christmas lights just never gets old to me.
After walking around the temple grounds we found a nice quiet spot to have dessert. Isac and Jen brought doughnuts and pop. You would have thought Santa was delivering Christmas presents early the way all the kids reacted. Even funnier were the kids gathering from every corner of the grounds to try and snatch a bite. We had such a great time.
We also finally got the ornaments on our tree. This year I let the kids hang ALL the ornaments. I didn't tell them where to hang them. The only rule was that they had to be over 1/2 way up the tree so McKay couldn't get them. The tree is very interesting but I like to say it has personality.
I hope you all enjoy this Christmas season as much as I do!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love reading all your updates. I can not get over how grown up Madeline is getting. She is such a pretty girl. Miss you guys