Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Georgia Trip

Mike and I took a trip to Atlanta, Georgia for a long weekend. We went to watch BYU play Georgia Tech. The trip was amazing! The first night we were there was the night before the football game. The BYU football team puts on a devotional the night before at a church. It was so cool. Two of the players spoke and did an excellent job. Then, the team sang "We'll bring the world his truth". It gives me goosebumps even thinking about it. Last coach Bronco Mendenhall spoke. I came away with a new respect for these players. It's easy to trash on how horrible they played in the games but listening to them helped remind me that they are just boys trying to do what's right and football is just a hobby. The spirit was so strong and I am so grateful for that opportunity. The game was amazing. BYU dominated and we even made tv. My family was watching it back at our house and they showed us cheering after BYU scored a touch down. A lot of people we know saw it and we got a lot of texts. It was pretty cool.
The next few days we basically toured the city and checked out all the great sites. Even more importantly than that we ate TONS of food. We were constantly asking around to find all the good restaurants. One of the days we ate at 3 sit-down restaurants, and had 3 HUGE meals in 6 hours. We were soooo sick but the food was unreal! Some of the places we ate were, Waffle House, Fox Brothers Bbq, Fat Matt's Rib Shack, Flip Burger, and so many more. We were able to see where the Braves play and also check out Olympic Park. It was such a great break. We had the best time. I'm glad my mom, my Aunt Tricia, and my Grandma Kaye could come down and watch my kids!
We got a 4 generation picture with my grandma Kaye, my mom, myself and my kids. I look ridiculous b/c I just got home from a volleyball game but we had to take the shot ASAP and get my kids in bed.

No comments: