Monday, October 22, 2012

California Trip

During our kid's fall break we took a trip to California. We decided to try out some new attractions but stayed at the same hotels. The kids thought that was so awesome. Our trip started out a little rocky though. McKay got sick and was exploding from both ends. This happened multiple times on the drive to Cali. We were lucky to contain it enough that it didn't make too big of a mess...until the end. As we were about to pull into the hotel Mike and I could smell something. We knew it was McKay so hurried and parked. As I went to unbuckle him to take him out of his car seat my hand was covered in green gunk! I decided to carry his whole car seat up to the hotel room and we would wash McKay and the car seat out up there. As i pulled the car seat out of the base I looked down to find a BIG pile of poop. He has pooped so much it had exploded all over him, his car seat and then leaked down into the base. I was so grossed out. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say we spent most of the night running to stores to buy laundry detergent, extra clothes, protective liners (for the next few days to prevent this from happening again) and then washing laundry in the hotel laundry room. It was a nightmare.
The next morning things got a better. We made our way to California Adventure. My kids had never been there before and to make it better Cars Land opened last spring. They made a replica of Radiator Springs and it was pretty amazing! They had everything from The Cozy Cone, to Flow's V-8 Cafe. They even had some great rides. The kids got to meet Lightning McQueen, Wood, & Buzz. We all had a blast. Cache wasn't sure about most of the rides. He is extremely tall for a 3 year old and was able to ride all the big rides. We were dumb enough to take him. He got off the Tower of Terror and the ride fulfilled it's name (he was terrified)! He kept telling us "I don't like big bumps". It sure is cute the way he says it tho :)
On Thursday we drove down to San Diego and met our friends, The Herways, @ Coronado Beach. We went to this beach last year and my kids loved it. It was a little bit of a different experience have an 8 month old that army crawls everywhere and eats EVERYTHING! McKay had more than enough "food" by the time we left. He had a very good inner cleansing. Drake discovered the boogie board and spent the whole time on that. He got to be really good at it. It was so fun to watch him ride the waves. d
Friday we went to Lego Land. This was a blast! My kids had such a great time. They got their "driver's license's" and were able to drive cars by themselves around streets. They also got Lego's for going on rides and even met a Lego guy. IT was a lot of fun.
Cache threw plenty of tantrums. A small amount of sleep and walking all day in the sun at theme parks are not a good combo for a 3 year old
Our last day there we swam in the hotel pool and then watched the BYU football game. Later that day we went and had a hot dog roast on the beach with Seth, Heidi, Taft, and Luke Herway. It was super cool and my kids thought it was the best thing ever to eat hot dogs on the beach.
The jets were flying overhead and were so loud I had to cover McKay's ears. Apparently my kids followed suite. Heidi caught this on camera for us. I'm glad she did. I think it's a hilarious picture.
We had such an amazing trip. I'm so glad we could go. Things were a little rough at the beginning but we made some great memories.

No comments: