Tuesday, February 28, 2012

McKay Brigham Peterson

McKay Brigham Peterson is here! He was born February 17 @ 6:36am. He weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. We weren't expecting him quite that early since he was 11 days early. I woke up at 4:20am on Friday morning (the 17th) b/c Cache was crying. I went and checked on him and on my way back I hurt a little. Within a couple minutes I had a REAL contraction. I decided to wake Mike up and tell him. I then had another. I wasn't sure about heading to the hospital yet but I also didn't want to have McKay at home. Mike was adamant about me going in so we packed up and left. Luckily my neighbor Dawn was able to come over and sit with the kids til my 2 sisters in law (Jen and Sadie) could make it down at 9. Thank you soooo much Dawn, Jen and Sadie! Mike and I hurried to the hospital and got settled. I knew he was coming fast and Mike kept telling the nurses but of course they didn't believe us. Finally when they checked me I was a 7. They were trying to pump a bag of fluid into me before giving me my epidural and Mike was telling them to hurry. Finally the anesthesiologist came in. Right away he knew there wasn't going to be time to give me my epidural. I figured that would be the case since that's how all of my other deliveries went. But this dr didn't give up. He decided to give me a shot into a little sack thing at the bottom of my spinal cord and just inject the medicine in there. I was sure it would be a failure but within minutes I started to go numb and couldn't feel my contractions. This was a miracle. This anesthesiologist is my hero! This is the first time I have ever been numb during a delivery and it made for a very pleasant experience. Within 20 min of the epidural McKay was here. The anesthesiologist was shocked. He said he had never seen a labor so fast. It ended up being about 2 hours and 10 minutes from my first contraction til McKay was here. He is such a cute little guy. I love his hair. It's curly when it's wet just like Cache's was. He even looks like he has natural highlights. We are so happy to have him here. The kids are really excited about McKay. Cache wasn't sure at first but now he loves "Cake" (that's what he calls McKay). We love our little McKay and he had been a great baby!






Visitors


Aunt Sadie

Aunt Jen




It was a little crazy in there!

Going home!



4 comments:

Alicia said...

He is so adorable!!! I love all that hair! The kids are looking so big. We miss you guys.

Heidi said...

He's darling!! So glad your epidural worked!!!

morgan and tina said...

He is handsome! He fits your family perfectly. I didn't know you had your first 3 without an epidural, I'm glad this one worked for you! Mother of 4?! Wasn't I just a super senior with you!? :] Congrats!! Congrats!!

M. Martin said...

What a wonderful family........
dinodirect coupon