Sunday, October 9, 2011

Visitors

We have had a busy few months. We have been able to have a lot of visitors since we moved here to Arizona. In the past 10 weeks we have had visitors for 6 of them. We have had all kinds of visitors and had a lot of fun. Because of all this fun I am super far behind on my blog. Also, I was caught up in all the fun and totally slacked on pictures. I wish I had more from all the visits but it's kind of hit and miss. So, here it goes. The end of July my Aunt Tricia and Uncle Jimmie helped my cousin, JC, move down here to school. They stayed with us while they helped get JC settled.

Next came Mike's sister Mindy, her husband John and their 4 kids, Johnny, Maggie, Josie and Annie. The kids had the best time playing with their cousins. They swam almost all day every day and had sunburns to prove it. We are glad they could come stay with us. I only got 1 pic of the girls sleeping. Madelyn is clearly a bed hog and likes to cuddle.


After they left my brother Michael, his wife Whitney and their little guy Krew came to visit. My other 2 brothers and their families live down here already so it was a full on Simpson party. We were together a lot swimming, barbecuing, and just having fun. We are glad they got to come hang out with the rest of us.

We did a lot of eating


swimming...racing...and backflips






Michael and Jordan enjoyed throwing my kids in the pool since their kids were too little to be thrown in


We went to dinner 1 night @ a Thai restaurant

and Madelyn did a great job taking care of MiKya and the other kids


Mike's mom and younger sister Tyra came and stayed with us for a while. It was so fun to have grandma here and I loved having Tyra as my shopping buddy. They weren't here long but we sure loved having them.

After they left my Aunt Tricia just couldn't stay away she loved us so much. Ok she came back to visit JC but we told ourselves it's because she likes us so much. Her and JC's girlfriend Megan came and it was fun to have them. We had a little bit of a break after they left and only had Mike's cousin, Ben, for 1 night. He was down here interviewing for dental school. It was a short stay but it was fun to see him again. Good luck with everything Ben!

Then, just last week my parents came down. It was the first time they'd been here since we moved here. They were here the week before we moved down fixing our house up and cleaning it so it was fun to actually have them here while we are here. I'm sure they enjoyed this stay more too since they weren't working the whole time. Well I take that back, with 5 grandkids here it was still a lot of work for them. :) We again had a lot of get togethers. We ate a LOT of food. We watched conference together, and even got a break from the kids at dinner 1 night. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and it was yummy. I don't know what was better, the food or being kid free!




We also had a baby shower for my sister-in-law Jen. She is having her second baby and this one's a girl. I borrowed these pics from our friend Jess. She took them since I forgot my camera. The theme was "Jen is ready to pop". Jess did the decorations while Sadie, Missy, my mom and I helped with the rest of the shower. We had a great time.








I absolutely love this onsie-my brother is in his first year of residency and it's so fitting. What I can't get over is how amazing Jen looks. She is just so cute and only 4 weeks away from her due date.

It was really fun having all those visitors. It sure made for some crazy weeks but we loved it.

No comments: