Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cookie Monster

Who said cookie monster doesn't really exist? He does at our house. Cache is what we like to call our cookie monster. Cache is a really funny kid. He doesn't like sweets. He won't eat candy or anything that is sweet or has sugar in it but...when it comes to cookies it's another story. I was getting ready to make cookies one day and got out the cookie sheet. I set it on the oven and walked over to get the ingredients to mix. I turned around to find Cache at the cookie sheet. He could see the shiny metal pan and had a chair over to the cookie sheet so fast. I turned around just in time to see the disappointment on his face that there weren't any cookies on there. A day later I had pushed the cookies to the back of the counter (for fear that Cache would get them) and well, he did. It was right after breakfast and I didn't want him to eat any more so I moved the pile in the farthest corner of the kitchen where Cache could not get them. Well, again I looked over and only 1 cookie was left. I couldn't find Cache anywhere. I looked around and found him hiding behind the couch with his cookie stache. He was so proud of himself but knew he was in trouble so he smiled his big grin.

2 days later Mike needed cookies for his home teaching families so I made another batch. I'd learned my lesson this time. Once all the cookies were baked I put them on a plate high on the cupboard on top of our toaster oven-a near impossible place for Cache to get. Apparently I'm horrible at this game and underestimate Cache. I soon hear a crash and look over to see he has climbed on top of everything to get his coveted cookies. The reason this strikes me as so funny is 2 reasons: 1-Like I said Cache doesn't like sweets, 2-Cache (in a polite way) is our cautious one. He is afraid of things like that and won't climb, jump from high places and is in a bit of a sense scared. He must absolutely love cookies to risk his greatest fears for them. It makes me laugh. I did end up giving him a beater to lick and he thought it was the best day ever.

No comments: