Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Break

This post has been a long time coming. We took a trip to Idaho for spring break but it wasn't much of a "spring" anything. It snowed while we were there and it has continued to do so on and off for the last month. So, I think that they just need to veto the word spring in spring break. :) We had such a great time though. Mike was working in the ICU so he was super busy. I loaded up all 3 kids and drove to IF. It turned out to be a super break. I got to see my family and Mike's family. I even got to see my extended family on both sides. This was so exciting me for. It's been forever since I've seen them. When we go to IF time is so pressed with having both mine and Mike's families there that I don't get to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc (don't get me wrong. I LOVE spending time with mine and Mike's families. They are the most important thing to us but it's nice to see some of my other family too). I was there for a whole week and got to enjoy seeing EVERYONE. A few months back my grandma was diagnosed with cancer. I hadn't seen her since she had been diagnosed. I was very sad about this so I was glad I got to spend some time with her while I was there.

My brother (Michael), his wife (Whitney) and my nephew (Krew) are living with my parents for a few months. This meant I got ultimate bonding time with them. Whitney and I went shopping, had a make-over (unplanned) and hung out. My mom, Whitney and I went to Zumba classes at night. They were so awesome! I couldn't walk for about 2 days after the class but it was still awesome. My kids played with their 2 sets of grandparents and even swam in Grandma Julie and Grandpa Peterson's hot tub. Cache just chilled and thought it was so awesome.

This trip was also amazing b/c some of our best friends from Chicago (Jed and Emily Erickson) live in Rigby. They were there visiting family and so we got together with them. My kids loved seeing Ava and Kasen again. It was like we never even left each other. The kids picked up right where they left off-best friends. We were so happy we got to see them and their new baby Kinsley. I know Mike was sad he couldn't see Jed but then again it would've just made him act like he was 15 again :)

While Ava and Kasen were over playing with my kids at my parent's house my mom accidentally forgot to turn off the sink while filling it with soapy water to wash dishes. Bubbles were EVERYWHERE! My mom took the bubbles and started blowing them at the kids. They thought it was so fun. They chased the bubbles and had a blast. When they were all done we played "Cinderella" and got rags to clean the floor.

It was such a great trip home. I'm so glad we had the chance to go. We got to see my brother-in-law (Scott) and my sister-in-law (Jorine) one last time before they moved to Colorado. I was glad I got to spend time with them and see them. I hope all goes well for them there and we sure will miss them every time we go to Idaho and they're not there.

Cache loved the barrettes for Madelyn's hair and kept begging for me to put them in his hair.

Whitney gave Madelyn a make-over. Madelyn thought this was the greatest thing EVER


Krew

Grandma and Krew

Whitney and Me

We wore out Grandma but Cache kept bugging her to play with him. He finally decided that since she wasn't playing with him he'd still play with her and drive cars all over her.

Kasen, Drake, Madelyn, Ava, Cache




The Bubble Disaster







The kids made and decorated Easter sugar cookies with my mom

Madelyn loved Krew and loved to help out

1 comment:

Love Bug Bows said...

Looks like you had a blast at home, I am SO jealous and wish I could go home! Also, Melissa that picture with you and Whitney is adorable and I have the shirt you're wearing! Glad you guys are doing well! The kids are all getting SO big!
Love,

Emily