Friday, October 16, 2009

He's Here!

Cache Michael Peterson is finally here. He was born October 14 @ 11:40am. He weighed 6 lbs 2 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. It was quite the painful process but he made it. I went in Wednesday morning to be induced. They broke my water @ 10:15 and an hour and a half later Cache was born. Right as it was time to start pushing they realized that Cache's head was not down-he was breach. It was too late for them to do much, so they told me to push a few times and if he didn't come out they were going to take him emergency C-section. Fortunately the dr. knew what he was doing and I pushed a couple times and Cache came out. I feel very blessed that I didn't have to go C-section but I will admit it was the most painful thing I've ever been through. My epidural didn't work and I honestly can say I wanted to die @ one point. It went really fast tho and now we have a handsome little boy (Madelyn calls him squishy baby). He has been a great baby and we are both doing awesome. We are home now and adjusting to life with 3 kids. We're so happy he was born. He is such a blessing in our lives!!!





Because he was breach he keeps his legs up by his ears. It's funny to watch him.

Drake loves Cache! He brought him a toy and made sure wherever Cache was, he had his keys


Madelyn was afraid of Cache. She wouldn't touch him or even get close to him. Now that we are home she has warmed up and LOVES him.

This is as close as we could get Madelyn for the picture.

Going Home

18 comments:

Amy 'n' Nate said...

Congratulations!!!! He's so beautiful. What a perfect addition to your amazing family. We couldn't be happier for you.

Butler Family said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS. He's so handsome

Julianne said...

CONGRATULATIONS! All his hair! Oh dear, he is a DOLL! He is such a pretty baby. And his little breach legs! Ooh, your story made me hurt for you. So sorry you had to go through that but woohoo for him (and you) being able to get here without the c-section.

We vote that he looks like Madelyn and you. And we love his name.

jed said...

He is so cute. That is so horrible that your epidurals never work. Madelyn cracks me up. Glad you are all doing good.

morgan and tina said...

Look at all that hair!! He's adorable! Congrats! I'm so glad it was fast but I hope that you're doing better and I'm sorry it wasn't the most comfortable thing. Congrats Congrats!

Simpson Family said...

melissa! Isac and I have been watching and waiting for a blog update! wow, how exciting. We are so happy for you. What a handsome little guy!

Jeff and aimie said...

Congrats!!! I love the hair!! I am glad all is going well. Excited to see him!

Krishele said...

He's darling! and look at all that hair! I'm sorry you had to endure the whole epidural not working thing. That's the worst when you are expecting relief and none comes...been there done that. Doesn't let you get in the right frame of mind to handle the pain....and breech too? You are my hero! Glad to hear Madelyn warmed up to him, you never really know how the siblings are going to react. Good to see you're doing well. Here's a hug from clear over here in Idaho!

Krystal said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He is SO DARLING and I love all of that hair! :) You have the most darling little family and I cannot wait to see more pictures of your precious little boy!

The Cook Clan said...

Congrats! He's a cutie!

Adrienne & Scott said...

He is too cute!! Congrats again for the 100th time!! We're super excited for you! Drake's going to be such a good older brother. He has the biggest heart! Madelyn will warm up. She's too funny! Can't wait to see him and his fro!!

Kelsey Booth said...

Congratulations! We are so happy that everyone is healthy :) He is adorable!

Molly Kay said...

Congratulations! WE are so happy for you guys, he is a beautiful little guy. Whahoo! ;)

~The Dippold's said...

Congrats! He is adorable!! :)

The Sabatini Family said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute and I love the name. Let us know if you need anything. Take care.

Nicole Fryer said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! I love all his hair. Glad you are doing well.

Kmelanese said...

Congratulations!!!! He is adorable!! Good job on the labor! Wow I can't believe how fast he came!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Look at all that hair!!!! HOLY COW he's a CUTIE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and I can't believe HOW FAST he came and you are AMAZING TO PUSH OUT A BREECH BABY!!!!!! Congrats again--can't wait to get all the kiddos together!!! :)