On Wednesday I was waiting for Drake to get home from pre-school. Madelyn and I were watching through our front screen door for Drake to get home. I noticed that our street was blocked off by cars. As I looked around trying to figure out why some idiots had decided to double park (maybe there were some dumb teenageers having a party or a neighbor moving) I saw a member of the SWAT team all decked out in his black clothes with his huge black gun ready to fire. He was standing right across the street from me hiding behind the fence pointing his gun at the duplex kitty-corner from my house. I looked around and noticed the SWAT team had the whole house surrounded with their massive guns ready to shoot. The cars blocking the road were unmarked police cars and there was even a car in my driveway. I grabbed Madelyn and pulled her away from the door a locked it. I took her to the back of the house and then I kept checking out front. I didn't dare leave and go downstairs 1-because it was kind of interesting (crazy I know) and 2-Drake would be home any minute and I wanted to get him in the house ASAP as soon as his ride pulled up. After a while the police brought a little girl out carrying a pillow and put her in the car that was parked in my driveway. A scroungy guy (possibly an undercover cop) came over with the girl and left after a while. Eventually things settled down and the police started taking off their helmets and putting their guns down. They kept going in and out of the house, checking the garbage cans and some crazy things for about another 1/2 hour. I live in a nice area and a nice neighborhood so I was shocked to see such a thing so close to my house. It was like watching a movie, only real life. The SWAT team looks very scary in black and with their huge guns. I still don't know what happened but it was better than any movie I've seen action-wise, but not worth it. Hopefully nothing like that happens again. Welcome to big city living!
He's checking the garbage can

They're waiting out back

All the cars blocking the road and 1 policeman

Another Policeman

They are surrounding the front of the building

Look @ that gun!

This is the little girl they brought out of the house
6 comments:
WoW! That sounds super scary, but exciting at the same time! Did they leave before Drake got home?
WOW! That is amazing.I bet it was kind of fun to watch, but also scary. I'm glad everything turned out ok for you.
The police were not gone by the time Drake got home. Things had slowed down and their guns were put away, but they were still there.
No, Way! it makes my stomach queezy just thinking about your heart rate as you watched it all! Tell Mike that we were at Burger King the other night and I am pretty sure there was a help wanted sign in the window!
MELISSA! Hey I'm so glad to be able to check up on you guys! What a cute family you have. I haven't heard anything about you since we all ran off and got married. I'd love to keep in touch with you.
How exciting/scary! You are such a good detective of what you think happened. What a great story.
Post a Comment