Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Broken Hand

2 days before we were going to head up to Mike's cabin Cache and Drake were playing in my parent's backyard.  Drake was playing on a huge exercise ball and Cache decided to run and jump on the ball with him.  He rolled off and landed on his hand.  Drake came down on top of him and I knew we were in trouble.  I could tell by the look on Cache's face and his cry that he was hurt bad.  Cache is super tough and when he laid around the rest of the night whimpering I knew it was broken.

The next morning Mike and I took him into the urgent care.  They did x-rays but couldn't see the break.  Mike looked at them and pointed the breaks out.  He saw the 2 breaks.  It was really impressive.  He broke the metacarpal bones digits 2 & 3 in his left hand.  They put a splint on Cache's hand and told us to go to our pediatrician in 1 week for a cast.  We debated on getting a cast but Cache would find a way to move the splint around so he could still use his hand.


He was NOT happy about breaking his arm





When we got back to Arizona we took Cache in and got a hard cast.  He had to wear it for 3 1/2 weeks but then got it removed (August 13).  It was hard having his cast on but he was super tough about it.



No comments: