Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spur of The Moment

Mike and I did something we have never done before. We took a last minute trip. When I say last minute, I mean last minute. Mike woke up on Wednesday morning (after the amazing BYU comeback) and decided we should really support our team in the tournament. He was so excited but I thought he was joking and blew it off. By late afternoon Mike had booked us 2 tickets to Louisville, KY to see our BYU cougars take on Marquette in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. We took a red eye flight (leaving at 11pm pst) and arrived in Kentucky at 10:30am eastern (so 6:30am our time). We were lucky enough to have our awesome friend's from Chicago living there, Jed and Emily Erickson. They picked us up from the airport and we got ready for the day. We all went and watched the game. We knew BYU would lose but it was such an awesome experience. We then flew out at 6am eastern (2 am pacific) that next day (if you can really call it a day). We were only in Kentucky for less than 18 hours. We slept a total of 8 hours in 48 hours and all but 2 of those were either on a plane or in an airport. Let's just say it was insane! We were so wiped out but the trip was totally worth it. I have always wanted to go to a March Madness game and the fact we got to see the Ericksons just made to 100 times better. We wouldn't have been able to do it without my family though. My 2 sisters in law braved the 4 kids. Jen and Isac watched Drake, Madelyn and Cache while Sadie and Jordan watched McKay. I'm not sure who had the harder job. It's a toss up since McKay was only 3 weeks old and still waking up every 2 to 3 hours to eat. We had the best time and I'm so glad everyone was so accommodating to our insanity! Thanks Jed and Emily for letting us stay at your place, picking us up a the airport, being our chauffeur, etc. etc. and thanks to Jen, Isac, Jordan and Sadie for babysitting duty!

We even got Jed into a BYU shirt which is quite an accomplishment. When he showed up to pick us up at the airport he was in a Marquette shirt. He did it to get a rise out of Mike. It worked. I love it!



No comments: