Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Crap Happens-Literally
So the other night I had quite the night. Of course mike was at work when all this happened. It'd be too easy if life got tricky while he was actually home. I was enjoying a nice quiet night with the 3 kids by myself. This doesn't happen often-the nice quiet night part :) Cache was playing with the train set and Drake and Madelyn were playing together and getting along. All of a sudden Cache came up to me and put his wet hands on me. I didn't think too much of it at first since he is cutting his 2 year molars and his hands are ALWAYS in his mouth. I looked at his hands though and noticed the wetness was green and slightly chunky. I looked at his other hand and it was the same way. Looking at my arm I noticed this green "stuff" was on my arm and clothes. I jumped up as fast as I could noticing this "stuff" on the rocking chair I was sitting in and raced Cache to the bathroom. I washed his hands off and noticed that his diaper had blown out up his back and he decided to touch it. I filled the bath and threw him in there. Just as I set him down in the tub Drake came running in yelling "Madelyn just threw up". I couldn't believe my ears. I had Drake watch Cache in the tub while I went to find out what was going on with Madelyn. On my way to check on Madelyn I noticed Cache had also smeared his poop all over the floor, couch and train set. I didn't have time to do anything about this as I was rushing to Madelyn. She had puked EVERYWHERE! I asked what had happened and the answer just made me more mad. Her and Drake had been spitting at each other and Madelyn (with her awesome gag reflex) saw Drake's spit and threw up. By now my preggo stomach had had more than it could handle. I started gagging and was going to throw up myself when I realized that if I threw up I'd then have 3 messes to clean up instead of 2. I held it in. I marched her straight to the bathroom and threw her in the tub with Cache. Needless to say I washed the 2 kids as quickly (and thoroughly) as possible and put all 3 kids in bed. I then spent the next 30 minutes cleaning and disinfecting my children's feces off of places I did not want them. I was super mad about the situation but my sister in law reminded me that ONE DAY I will laugh about this event. I figured I better write it down to encourage myself to try and start laughing sooner rather than later. It surely was a horrible hour. Luckily I vented and Mike brought me home a Nielson's concrete (my favorite ice cream) and I started to feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Crap! Thats nasty! I could see & smell the whole story. Bleche. But nielsons makes everything better. ;)
Oh Melissa, that is TERRIBLE! I'm gagging just reading it, but glad that Mike brought you a special treat, at least he got that right! How's this pregnancy going? Do you like Phoenix? Tom's looking at a gastro fellowship in Phoenix. Love you guys!
Tom and Em Duncan
wowsers!! That sounds like a super long night!!! And you are right nothing ever goes this wrong when our husband's our home!! lol
Oh. My. Gosh. I have no words.
Man I was having a crappy night until I re-read this post and my night was looking a lot happier and cleaner :)
Happy to hear that you didn't end up throwing up too. That would have just been the icing on the cake. Isn't parenthood glorious? It's times like that, when I'm scrubbing poop off of things that shouldn't have poop on them, that I think "I gave up getting PAID for a dignified job for THIS?!?" It passes eventually, thankfully for my little bundles of joy. ;)
Post a Comment