Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Birthday Trip

I turned 30 on the 1st.  It was kind of a difficult birthday for me.  It was hard to accept that i'm no longer in my 20's and getting old now. :) Mike was awesome and made it a great birthday.  He gave me a great gift.  It was a trip up to Utah for the BYU vs Boise St football game and then off to Vegas for the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert.  We had a great time.  Mike flew my mom down here to watch the kids.  We drove up to Provo and went to the game.  We did the Cougar walk before the game started and got to see all the players.  Mindy and John came with us.  My dad and my brother Michael surprised me and met us at the game.  It was so great.  I hadn't seen my dad in 3 months which was a long time for me.  BYU won, it wasn't even close.  I got to meet one of my favorite players (Bronson Kaufusi).  I embarrassed mike in the process but he survived.  We then stayed with Mindy and John and the next morning drove to Vegas.













That night was the concert.  It was amazing.  That has always been one of my dream concerts to go but I honestly didn't think it would ever happen.  They are 2 of my favorite singers and to have them together was just awesome.













We slept in Vegas and the next morning got up early and drove home.  It was the Primary program in sacrament meeting and we didn't want to miss that.  The kids did a great job.  I then took my mom to the airport and the weekend was over.  We had a blast though.  Thanks for the great birthday Mike.  I love you so much!

No comments: