Monday, June 3, 2013

Taylor Swift Concert

I surprised Madelyn with Taylor Swift concert tickets when we were in Idaho.  I don't know who was more excited though, me or her.  The concert was in Salt Lake City and so we borrowed my parents car and Madelyn and I drove down the morning of the concert.

We got there with plenty of time to get in, find our seats, buy t-shirts and enjoy the show.  Well, little did we know that things would turn absolutely insane!  When we got there and tried to get in they would't let us in bc they said our tickets were "cancelled".  They told us it wasn't a  big deal, probably just an error and to go to the ticket office.

We ran (literally) to the office so we wouldn't miss anything.  We then found out that our tickets were actually cancelled bc someone had already used them.  The person helping us told me that 1 hour before we showed up someone came to the ticket office and had them reprinted so they could get into the concert.  This was totally suspicious and I was super mad.  I called the company I bought the tickets from and they tried to get me new tickets but the entire show was SOLD OUT! (Side note-the company was amazing to work with.  It wasn't their fault and they did everything they could to help me out.  They refunded all my money and were willing to pay any price to get me into this concert or a different one of my choice.  They also took action against the seller who sold me the tickets.  No hard feelings toward them.)

Eventually they found me 2 seats but they were on the opposite side of the stadium.  I asked the ticket office if I could get in on one ticket and have Madelyn sit on my lap.  By then I was crying (I'm so lame.  When I get SUPER mad or frustrated I cry.  I don't yell or scream, I cry).  So here is this crazy lady with her 6 year old pleading her case bc I drove all the way from Arizona to see this concert*.  

The concert has now been going for over 30 minutes and I still don't have tickets.  Then, a lady from the ticket booth calls my name.  She pulls me aside and tells me it's 45 minutes into the show and she has 2 tickets and they people haven't shown to pick them up.  She told me I could have them and let us in.  

The tickets ended up being row 9 (on the side).  We could see behind the stage and even saw Taylor change costume.  They were great seats.  So, you'd think "What's the big deal? You totally scored" but for me, it was a big deal.  I was so high strung and stressed out it bummed out the concert a little for me.  We also missed most of the opening act (Ed Sheeran) who we also love.  So yes it was a big deal.  

Bottom line Madelyn and I had a GREAT time.  It was worth every second.  We sang every song at the top of our lungs and danced the whole night.  I love my girl time with her. 

*There's more back story.  I had purchased tickets for the concert in AZ but decided to sell them and come to the concert while in Idaho.  I had a weird feeling about this but couldn't figure out why.  What was wrong with going to the concert in Utah?  Same concert, different location plus I get to see my family.  Well, hind site's 20/20.  I should have followed me gut.  Lesson learned!

















Costume Change







No comments: