Sunday, January 13, 2013

Drake's Baptism

Drake was baptized on January 12. I can't believe he is 8 already. He was definetly ready. I just can't believe how grown up he is. Mike's parents and his sister Tyra came in to town along with my parents. My older brothers, Isac and Jordan, and their wives and kids (Jen, Tyler, Abby, Sadie, MiKya and Beckham) were all there too. There wasn't anyone else from our stake that was getting baptized so it was just our ward. They asked me to speak. It was a great experience to be able to speak at his baptism. The only bad part was that earlier that day I got laundry detergent in my eye and so one eye was burning and wouldn't stop watering. Although I was emotional at times it looked like half of my face couldn't stop crying and the other was alright. You can see how bright red my eye is in the pictures. I am so proud of Drake and the decision he made to get baptized. He is such a great kid. He is strong, independent and trustworthy. I could feel the spirit so strong while he was getting confirmed. I know that he made the right decision and will be blessed for it. More importantly I love him and and am proud of him. I hope he will know that for the rest of his life. After the baptism we came back to our house and had sandwiches. It was so great to have family around to support him. What an amazing day!

Bishop Watkins and Drake

 
Mike and Drake

















Drake and his friend JD
 Carson, Drake and JD

Mike, Me and Drake


Drake with Grandma and Grandpa Simpson


Drake with Aunt Tyra, and Grandma and Grandpa Peterson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have really a nice and happy family.I just love your blog! It has wonderful posts and i read them some of them are really awesome. Please keep posting. Thanks
Surrogacy in India