Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Security

A week and a half ago I came home from dinner with Mike. I had all 4 kids with me and Mike was at work. When I walked in the house I noticed that our back door was kicked in. It wasn't open all the way but someone had tried to break into our house. Luckily for us they didn't make it in. It was quite unnerving though knowing that someone actually tried. I have spent hours on the phone getting a new door arranged and a security system installed. It's been a lot of work but now that it's over it's a great feeling to know that I am secure. It's unfortunate this happened b/c we live in a VERY safe neighborhood. Chances are it was probably some teenage kids goofing around but it still shook me. The good thing that came out of it is that we have a new sliding door in the back. It's such a nice feature to have with little kids. It wasn't actually even that big of a deal but I am glad I have a nice new door out of it :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is super scary. Glad they didn't get in!

Trimbles said...

Yikes! I HATE that knot in your stomach feeling that someone was actually trying. Oh, the invasion. Im sorry. But Im glad you got such a nice new door and a system. Thats much better.