Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Monsoon-Dust Storm

We had a huge monsoon dust storm come through last night (apparently it's called a haboob). It was the first monsoon since we've been here. It was the craziest thing. We were eating dinner and it was light outside. All of a sudden the palm trees started blowing like crazy and then it got dark. Not just kind of dark but dark like it was the middle of the night. Within minutes it was light again. It was the weirdest and coolest thing. Our pool is now filthy and will take some serious work to clean up. Here is a video of the storm. It's pretty cool. Now I know why it got so dark.

Monsoon Dust storm

2 comments:

Malerie said...

Oh man...those are weird! I remember seeing one when I lived there- aren't they called haboobs? Glad you are getting to experience all AZ has to offer! And the pool thing is making me jealous :)

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Crazy cool, weird, scary......