Saturday, January 23, 2010

First ER Trip

Well, we've made it 5 years and 3 kids without an ER trip. I guess our time was up. Luckily it was nothing serious. On Wednesday night the kids and I were downstairs and Cache was upstairs. I asked Drake to go check on Cache to make sure he wasn't crying. Madelyn was on her way upstairs and Drake thought she was going to check on Cache. Drake is EXTREMELY competitive and wanted to beat Madelyn upstairs so he pushed her out of the way. He pushed her right into the door and cut her head open. Blood was gushing everywhere and I wasn't sure what to do b/c Mike was out of town. My friend Kristina happened to call right after it happened and offered to take the boys. I took Madelyn to the ER and they stitched her up. She got 5 stitches. She was so tough. She didn't make a sound while they were stitching her up. She had a few big tears roll down her cheek and it broke my heart. She was so tough it was amazing! Afterward I took her to get an Icee. Drake felt really bad and bought her a present to say sorry. It wasn't that big of a deal but we have officially made it to our first ER trip. I'm really surprised we've made it this long.


4 comments:

Julie Peterson said...

oh, sadness! It's about as tough on the mom and dad isn't it!

Julianne said...

Baa! Poor girl! Same thing happened to me...only, I wasn't pushed, and I wasn't three years old...I just clumsily stumbled into the edge of the door. And I was twelve.

Boo.

Julie Ann said...

That happened to Remi when Eric was here. Good thing he was, 'cause I turned into a babbling idiot! She is still cute, even with her stitches.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

so sad. I'm totally showing this post to the kids though...this happens all too often (the racing/pushing up/down the stairs)and maybe they'll stop. Glad it was just stitches though!