Sunday, November 15, 2009

Crazy Week

This week has been quite the crazy week. Mike left on Sunday for an interview and didn't get back until Monday night. In the mean time Cache had a cold and he got a fever with it. Monday morning I called his dr. and they told me I needed to take him in. After the dr. checked him out they told me I needed to take him to the ER. I dropped the kids off at 1 of our friend's houses and took Cache to the ER. Because he is so young they were worried about him and ran a bunch of tests. I felt horrible watching him go through all those tests, especially the spinal tap. They have to do them to make sure nothing is seriously wrong. It was sad but better safe than sorry. They wanted to watch him and wait for all the tests to come back to make sure they were normal, so they admitted him. Mike picked up the kids from our friend's house on his way home. I stayed at the hospital with Cache. They kept him 48 hours so he didn't get out until Wednesday. Mike had another interview on Tuesday that he missed so he could take care of the kids but he had to leave again on Wednesday morning for more interviews. He dropped the kids off @ another of our friend's houses as he was leaving town. On Wednesday they decided that Cache was fine. He had gone 24 hours without a fever and the tests came back normal. Luckily he didn't have anything serious. He just has a cold. I brought him home and later that day my friend brought the kids back to my house. Mike was still gone and didn't get home until Saturday. It was a very exhausting week but I am so grateful there was nothing serious wrong with Cache. I also feel so blessed to have such great friends out here. They have helped us in so many ways. This is just 1 example of the help we received. They have become our family. Thanks to everyone for your help, love and prayers.

He was hooked up to a few different machines so he had cords coming out everywhere. He was a good sport about the whole thing.


8 comments:

Amy 'n' Nate said...

That sucks! I'm so sorry that happened right now. On the bright side, there's one residency you know you're not meant to be in. :) I'm very glad to hear Cache (and you) made it out okay. I hope the rest of the interview season goes smoother!

The Cook Clan said...

Oh how sad and scary! I'm sure glad everything is okay with him now!

Unknown said...

We are so glad he is Ok and finally home! What a crazy week. Hope your doing ok!

Butler Family said...

oh my heck I am so glad everything is fine with him!!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Wow! sooo glad he's okay---and WOW even a spinal tap?? poor kid!

Alicia and Devin said...

AAAHHHH!!!!!!! What a crazy week. I wish I had been there to help. I am glad he is okay. I have been thinking about you guys ever since I heard. That stinks.

Heidi said...

the only bright spot of being in the hospital with a little one is seeing them dressed in those kiddie gowns! ;) and the crib cage... those are a joy. bleche. thank heavens he's okay and survived all the nasty pokes and tests. ;(

rnichols said...

I'm so sorry about Cache. That is so sad, but so happy he's okay. You're a trooper to be alone and dealing with all that without Mike. We hope all his interviews went well!