Saturday, November 29, 2014

Random Things

We have had a lot of fun and interesting things happen lately. Some are good and some are not so fun.  We went to a football game with our friends Mike and Kristie Ball. Mike is a Utah fan and we are fans of anyone playing Utah. They were play ASU so we went to the game together. We made sure and wore plenty of ASU colors.



I also had a little mishap. The kids left Legos on the kitchen floor and when I was walking by I stepped on one. Bc I had boots on and it was a hardwood floor my foot slipped and twisted funny. I thought I just twisted my ankle so I ignored it and went on.  The next day I went to the gym and worked out and by the time I got home my leg was killing me. I took a couple days off and my leg seemed to only get worse. Finally after 2 1/2 weeks I decided to see a dr. They did an x-ray and I had a stress fracture (probably from not getting my leg checked out sooner) but the main pain was coming from a high ankle sprain. Basically I tore the ligaments in my leg. They put me in a walking boot and I had to wear that for a long time. It made preparing for this holiday season a lot harder than I wanted it to be.

Because I had this boot on I couldn't really hang Christmas lights outside. Drake stepped up and helped me and ended up fixing a few other things on the house. He's super handy!

Drake also had his first Black Friday experience. I took him Black Friday shopping with me and we had a blast.


We tried Waffle Love for the first time too. It was really good!

No comments: