Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Time With Mike

A few weeks ago was our 9 year anniversary. It was very nice bc Mike and I got to spend some time with each other without any kids. This doesn't happen very often so I absolutely loved it. We went to California for a vacation. We were only there for 4 days but it was such a nice break. Mike's mom flew down and watched the kids and I know that wasn't an easy task so I am super grateful for her. I was sure she would be waiting at the door with her suitcase packed the second we walked in. She was a great sport and the kids had a blast with her. While in Cali Mike and I went to Six Flags-Magic Mountain. It was pretty cool. I love roller-coasters and rides but they don't like me. The older I get the worse it gets. I just get really sick on the rides. The funny thing is for our 1 year anniversary we went to Lagoon (a theme park in Utah) and I spent half the day passed out by the pool sicker than a dog. Well, 8 years later it hasn't changed. I spent half the day passed out on a food court table wishing I could just be in my own bed where it was cool. It was awful. Mike made me swear that we'd never go to a theme park again! I happily agreed. I did wait in line with Mike and watched him go on all the rides and that was the highlight of my day. It was so fun to see the inner-kid come out. He absolutely loved V2. What a day! We then spent some time in Hollywood, Beverly Hills and went to Santa Monica. We walked the beach and rode the ferris wheel on Santa Monica Pier. It was so nice to just sleep in and not worry about poopy diapers, grumpy kids or anything else. What a break. A week later we went to dinner and a baseball game with Mike's residency class. We ate at Pizzeria Bianco in downtown Phoenix then watched the Mariners get worked by the Diamondbacks. We had a ton of fun though and had front row seats. I loved my time with Mike!

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

happy Anniversary! Glad you guys got to have some time alone. Seems to make the world of difference