We have now been in Arizona for a week and a half but we were quickly welcomed by the true Arizonaness (yes I made that word up). Within the first couple days the temperature reached 111 degrees. Now we know that it is only going to get hotter but what you have to understand is the shock of all this. We left Spokane on one of the hottest days they'd had yet and it was in the upper 60's possibly low 70's. We didn't even see it hit 80's before we left. Then, within 2 days we show up to 111 degrees. We are not complaining but I will say it was a "warm" welcome considering our bodies had to adjust to an almost 40 degree difference within 2 days. Thank heavens for our pool!
I love to go barefoot everywhere but I quickly learned that does not fly here. One day I ran out to meet someone but only lasted a second before my feet felt like they were blistering on the pavement. Unfortunately Cache learned the same lesson when he got here too. Now he just points to the cement and says "Haw Haw" (that's short for hot hot).
Well let me tell you, even when the pavement cools down at night I don't recommend going out barefoot either. We were lucky enough to be welcome by wonderful bugs. I thought the cockroaches would be the one I'd worry about but nope, I was wrong. After only being here a couple days Mike ran into the driveway (barefoot) and was stung by a scorpion. And this is why you can't EVER go barefoot here. He said it was so painful. I've actually never seen him in so much pain. I felt so bad for him but I'll be honest, it's got me a little wigged out.
We really do love it here. The weather is awesome (now that we are adjusted and live in the pool) and that the exterminator bug dude is coming to help us maintain this bug issue. I'm totally blowing it out of proportion I know but anyone that knows me knows I HATE bugs more than anything else. We do love it here and like I said, We've Arrived!
3 comments:
I am so jealous of your house even if you do have bugs. I am excited for you guys. Maybe we will have to come visit you sometime. Congrats on the new house and the nice weather.
glad that you guys finally made it. Hope you enjoy your time in AZ and hope that the summer goes by fast for you.
HEY! I just had to come in and check on you to see if you made it okay! I was going to call you a couple of days after you left to let you know that you were missing out on some awesome 55-degree weather in June in Spokane. I knew you'd be sad that you'd missed it. :) Well, thanks for the pictures. Your house looks AWESOME! I love all of the room you have, and yes, the pantries would make me happy, too (especially for you with all that great freebie food storage). We miss you guys, but I'm excited that you are FINALLY settled and happy in AZ. The weather here is finally nice, but we'll be jealous of you come November. Tyler wanted to write Drake a letter, so I'll have to get your address sometime. Oh, and Lindsey in your old house called me the other day. We're going to get together next week. Thanks for giving her my number.
Post a Comment